Dr. Med. Janka Zalesakova Key note speaker at 10th CEI Regional Forum ,22.10.2019. Belgrade. Vice Presidente Europe Spa Association. Head and the owner of the Consultant company for Spa facilities and Publishing company - BALNEOTHERMA Ltd. Bratislava. From 2016 - Head of Committee of experts in QUHEP (Quality in Health Prevention) E.V
Title of presentation :
European traditional spas based on the use of natural healing resources in the past and today - its place in health tourism and in healthcare system.
Dr. Med. Janka Zálešáková
- Medical Faculty, The Comenius University, Bratislava - finished in 1974
- Specialization in the field Internal disease (1979)
- Specialization in the field Physiatry, balneology and Remedial rehabilitation (1981)
- Specialization in the field Rheumatology (1984)
- Certificated course in Management of Healthcare institutions (1992)
- From 1974 -1976 - physician in Department of Internal diseases in University Hospital
- From 1976 worked in the spa facilities, first as an independently working physician, from 1985 as the head of rheumatology department in spa facility
- From 1990 till June 2006 in position Medical director and Vicepresident of the Board in Spa Trencianske Teplice, JSC (800 beds in spa hotels, 450 employees).
- From 2006 till present the head and the owner of the Consultant company for Spa facilities and Publishing company - BALNEOTHERMA Ltd. Bratislava
- From 1988 till 2010 - external teacher of Balneology and Physiatry at the Slovak Medical University in Bratislava - SZU (courses for physicians, Medical specialization Balneology Physiatry and Remedial rehabilitation).
- From 1992 till June 2005 - external teacher of Balneology and Physical medicine at the Trnava University (courses for physiotherapists)
- From 2005 till 2011- external teacher at the St. Elisabeth University, Bratislava (courses for physiotherapists)
- 84 publications in international and national periodicals, co-author of 6 books monographs and text-books. The publications are mainly focused on natural healing waters and peloids, their use in remedial practice in the spa treatment and problematic of quality standards for spas and health resorts
- 148 lectures at international and national scientific conferences and congresses
- 78 lectures as invited speaker at International conferences
Activities in scientific and professional organizations linked with spa activities:
- In 1990-2001 – The President of The Medical society for Physiatry, Balneology and Remedial rehabilitation of The Slovak Medical Society, now as member of the board
- General manager of section Balneology in the Slovak Medical Society, from 2001 till present
- From 1999 till present - President of The Slovak Spas Association
- From 2004 till May 2008 - President of The European Spas Association (ESPA), from May 2008 till present - Vice-president of ESPA
- Member of editor’s team for the journal Rehabilitation (Slovakia)
- From 2006 till present - Vice chairman of the State Spa Committee in the Ministry of Health, Slovakia
- From 2016 - Head of Committee of experts in QUHEP (Quality in Health Prevention) E.V.
Consultations and advisory work for spa facilities
- 195 expertise balneological reports of natural healing waters, peloids and climatic conditions suitable for spa therapy (Slovakia, Canada, Netherlands, Egypt, Saudi Arabia, UAE, Kosovo, Georgia)
- Spa projects in Slovakia, Italy, Canada, Netherlands, Kosovo, Georgia